To My Peanut

The start of a Blog, the start of a new life

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Trying to Pass the Time

I'm at work at the moment and have nothing to do, so after being sick of surfing the internet, I decided to write a new post... I really don't know what to write...

Things with Kayla have been going well, she has her moments like everyone else...

We've decided to buy a house and a friend who is in the building business showed us one the other day, he'll help us all he can for us to get the house, it is a bit out of town, but it's a nice home for our little family. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 and a half bathrooms, a big sitting-room and big kitchen, a garage that fits 3 cars or 2 cars and an office (Orlando wants to make an office) and there's a piece of land, not very big, for us to make a little garden which is good for Kayla to play in, it also has 2 verandas and one is big enough to put a table and a few chairs so we can just chill outside, the neighbours seem ok, we didn't meet any, but our friend told us a bit about them. Now all we need is a loan from the bank and then the nightmare will start, so much paper-work! Welcome to Portugal! I'm so nervous and anxious, I hope everything goes well, I really like this place and it will be something we can call ours, although we will be paying it off for nearly the rest of our lives, unless we decide to sell, but it's too soon to think about selling, lol, we haven't even bought it yet! I was so happy when my boyfriend told me he spoke to our friend and that he'd show us a house and I was thinking of taking photos when we went to see it, but I forgot!!! BAH! So if all goes well, we might be living there maybe in two months, but I don't know how all this bank business and paper-work works, so I can't say for sure... If we get the place and after we've moved in, we will have to rearrange our lives, not only financially, but seeing as it's a bit far we have to sort out waking up times and leaving the house times, dropping off Kayla, picking up Kayla, supper, etc, etc, etc... Uffa, I see we've got a lot of work ahead, but it's all worth it!

I don't know what else to say, I'm bored, MSN was blocked, no one at the office can use it anymore (again), it's a safety measure, we can't afford to get a virus in the system!

Be back another day to update!

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

There´s no greater pleasure in life than creating your own home... and believe me, there´s much more satisfaction in paying for something you know one day is yours than paying rent every month!!!

It´s great that you´ve started house hunting, the only solid advice I can give you, is be patient... beaurocracy in this country can even get Ghandi to lose his temper!

May God´s helping hand help your family construct your home! The kind that Kayla and her siblings will love looking back at with love and affection!

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Quicha!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home