To My Peanut

The start of a Blog, the start of a new life

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Quick Learner


I love to sit for ages just watching Kayla play, she makes me laugh sometimes and sometimes I can't believe the things she does!

I wanted to get her off the (baby-)bottle, but she's so used to having her milk from her (baby-)bottle she doesn't like it when we give it in a cup. We've tried to give her juice, milk and water in various different sippy-cups, but she prefers milk in a (baby-)bottle and will drink anything else out her sippy-cup by herself, she can also hold her bottle up to drink by herself. She also drinks juice and water from the bottles they come in, but with help from someone, she does it so nicely, making a puckered position with her lips to drink. She also knows how to drink from a straw, she learned that when there's enough liquid in her mouth then she has to pull away. The other day we went to the swimming pool and put some water in her bucket and gave her a cup to play with, I was so amazed when I saw her drinking the water from the cup without messing all by herself! Another milestone accomplished! She's such a quick learner!

She had a doctor's appointment the other day, he was very happy with her development, he said she was doing very well. He asked me if she was walking yet and I said she was already running! He was surprised and asked if I was being serious and I said I was. He also asked if I was already brushing her teeth, I said yes and he replied that I don't wait for him to say anything... I started giving her a toothbrush to chew on a long time ago, I've always been worried about her teeth, every now and then I try to brush them myself a little, there's another word Kayla has already learned - brush. She's got mommy's big teeth!

Living life one step at a time, appreciating its little gifts.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still miss the days off the botle and sipping cup lol, everything was so much easier and inocent then!!!

She's gonna be a very intelligent child that's for sure, and with her charm maybe even famous ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home